Skip to main content

Dream-song - A Tribute to Shavarnia

Once upon a time there was a girl. A girl with aspirations and dreams. Dreams of colour, of movement, of dance. Of spirit and angels and love.




As the girl grew she was taught a great many things. How to walk, how to hold herself, what to think, what to wear, how to act. The girl with the dreams kept dreaming but her dreams were now in the background and her REAL life was all around her.

Every now and then the girl would focus on her forgotten dream and in return the dream would sing to her. The dream-song was so beautiful. It sang of a life of purpose and peace. The girl tried to follow the music of her dream-song however she often lost her way and the song would fade into the background again.

After many years of this following and fading, the girl fell to her knees and wept. She wept for the dream lost. She wept for the futility of her REAL life. Her face awash with broken hearted tears, the girl gave up. Gave up trying to find balance between her dreams and her responsibilities. Gave up trying to "do the right thing" when the "right" thing felt so destruct-ably WRONG.
The girl was confused. What to do next. Which was true...The Dream or the REAL Life? Could the dream actually be the REAL life and the REAL life be the dream. The girl only knew that she now felt terribly ill. Why could she not just be supported in her dream?

Something was changing deep inside the girl. Those early lessons were being questioned. What if everything she had been taught was wrong? Who was she really? What was she left with?

The music began to play. It was the Dream-song. The song was the loudest it had ever been. Night and day it played. Sometimes the girl would feel overwhelmed by it. The music played on. The girl was still feeling so unwell. How could she follow the Dream-song now? The dream-song was relentless, it coerced her, indeed it forced her to follow it. Slowly the girl rose and began to dance.



There was no reason for her to dance. She had lost all. She had endured much hardship and there was no evidence that it would ever end, still the girl danced. As she danced she dreamed. Her dreams became larger and more spectacular. In the music of the dream-song the girl painted, her childhood link with the angels was reconnected and she was able to pass on great knowledge and comfort to others, her healing abilities were heaven sent and she used them lovingly to heal not only herself, but all those that came in contact with her...the girl began to live the dream.

Slowly but surely the girl discovered that the DREAM was indeed the REAL LIFE. The more she followed her dream-song the more her life changed for the better. In the music of the dream-song the girl was shown how to use her faith, her trust and her creativity to weave a new life for herself. One with passion, colour, dancing, truth,love and above all faith.



Now the girl writes new music for her soul everyday and by doing so the girl adds to the collective dream-song for all others. The girl is an inspiration to others who are lost in between what they know to be true and what they have been taught to follow. An inspiration to those who are afraid to to let go of falsehoods and to embrace the truth. An inspiration to those who see their immediate circumstances as dire and yet continue to hold fast to the dream. Through this commitment to the dream, knowing that what we yearn to do is our true calling... the girl dances on. Through mustering up courage and determination in the face of adversity...the girl dances on.With each dream being a new path to follow...the girl dances on.....won't you join her?


Photos Courtesy of Sharyn Williams http://sharyn-williams.squarespace.com

Comments

  1. I don't know what to say. Thank you my beautiful sister. I am so blessed to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Denise and so true....and I hope the girl will keep dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The girl is an inspiration to others who are lost in between what they know to be true and what they have been taught to follow". Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Broken free

I made an angel. Created her out of clay. Painstakingly I sculpted and moulded her. I loved her. I loved her heavy wings, they way they sheltered her and protected her heart. I loved that tiny heart, the way she looked down on to it "I will always look after you" she whispered, "you are safe".  Until the day she broke.   My son rang me on my way home. His voice was shaky, apprehensive. "Something terrible has happened" he mumbled. Moving straight into mother mode, I panicked. "What is it?? Are you ok??" "I broke her...I didn't mean to... she fell...I tried to catch her...I wasn't quick enough"  Oh My god... who?, where? What the?????? "Your angel mum... she smashed!!" The poor boy. He knew I loved her, created her, protected her. But the sense of relief was instant. Just a sculpture, not a life, a girl or an animal. Just a sculpture. It wasn't long however that the realisation of what had just

Spiral Bound

I have a collection of journals. Writing Journals. I do not collect journals; however, journals seem to collect me. It’s true I do write and yes, in journals, however on closer inspection, I own a great many empty journals. Too many. The empty journals are not lying in wait, I did not purchase them knowing that in due course, I would fill their pages with beautiful prose, witty satirical observations, or heartfelt outpourings of emotion. In fact, I did not purchase them at all. The empty journals were gifts. Gifts for a writer. Carefully selected, each one. Some leather, silk and fabric bound. Some hand made with flower pressed paper pages. Recycled, reclaimed, re-purposed. From distant shores, India, England, Thailand. Leaves of possibility, tactile and tempting. I have journals with pages illustrated with moons and mermaids, clouds and clowns, pages tied with ribbons and some with jute. All empty, too beautiful to touch, to fill. When I open their pages…words fail me

North

How is it, that strolling along on our perfect peaceful path, is so much harder than trekking backwards, uphill, blindfolded and in the rain, on some random track to nowhere?? How is it, that we know exactly what to do...but do the opposite? Why do we choose to struggle, push, and deny ourselves the simple truth of who we are? When did we decide that who we really are is not enough, not valuable and is worthless.? Worth less. When I am travelling in the right direction - my direction, I am so happy! When I am happy, I am so giving, so creative, so loving. Anything and everything is possible. Everyone I meet is an opportunity for me to share my joy, my knowledge, my heart. So why is it so hard to stay there. Why do I wander into fear, distrust and such smallness. How come I can bear down, push hard, toughen up and clench my way through self destructive jobs, self created poverty and self abusive inner talk and turn away from my light, love and freedom? Shouldn't play